Dental veneers are the best way you can treat problems with one and more teeth. Dental veneer is one kind of thin layer of composite material or porcelana placed over one or multiple teeth to restore its feel, appearance and function, make sure you look for the professional carillas de porcelana barcelona dentist to get it done.
What’s Dental Veneer?
A veneer gives permanent change to correct any kind of tooth imperfections, like chipped or stained teeth. Veneers are the thin porcelain and composite resin coverings, which are bonded to its front surface of the tooth by using dental cement. As veneers are permanent, it is important to get right information and weigh down various benefits before you plan to get it done.
Why You Must Get Veneers?
The veneers make up over 26% of the cosmetic procedures done by the dentists. There’re some important reasons why the dental veneers are selected over various other procedures. It includes:
- Change color, length, as well as size of the teeth
- Fix cracked, chipped, and broken teeth (from nail biting, injuries, and more.)
- Fix worn teeth (teeth grinding)
- Fix white spots or streaks on teeth
- Cover up the teeth stains or discoloration
- Cover large resin fillings
After the root canal, crown is placed on your tooth to protect your tooth from fracturing. In a few cases, the root canal treatment will lead to the tooth discoloration with time. Veneer and other restorative material are placed to cover this discoloration. Veneers also can be placed on the premolars; however they are hardly placed on the first molars.
Steps for placing porcelain veneers:
- Your dentist will remove enamel from your front & sides of your teeth and makes room for veneers so your teeth appear natural.
- Dentist makes the impression, and mold, of your prepared teeth. They will decide on a veneer shade, which is good for your smile.
- Impression will be sent to the dental lab and customized the veneers that will fit your teeth. It might take some days. Your dentist will give you the temporary veneers that will wear in a meantime.
- At your next visit, dentist places these veneers on your teeth and check the shape and fit. After a few adjustments, your teeth will be cleaned and veneers are properly bonded to your tooth.
Veneers are the best way of hiding any discolored, damaged or crooked teeth, but it is very important you consider their pros and cons before you get it done.