Burn Calories At Your Own Pace By Walking
Walking is the most commonly used aerobic exercise and can done by anybody irrespective of their age and all they need is the energy to get up and walk. Walking fast is practiced by many as an alternative to jogging to burn excess calories and slim down. If you are not able to walk fast because of your health condition or age, walk at your own pace for at least 15 to 30 minutes a day regularly. This has lot of advantages on your physical and mental health. Are you feeling depressed by sitting inside your house then take a stroll outside, this has a calming effect on your entire body and mind, giving you new energy and enthusiasm. If you don’t prefer to walk alone, take a friend or your spouse along with you and don’t stop walking as it has a lot of benefits.
During walking calories burned depend upon the speed of walking and varies from 200 to 300 calories per hour.
Now let’s see all the advantages of walking one by one
- Walking regularly strengthens your heart and the entire cardiovascular system.
- Walking reduces high blood pressure and chances of stroke.
- It lower the cholesterol level by burning excess fat and makes you slim and fit.
- Fast walking increases blood flow and oxygen supply to the entire body there by increasing the energy level.
- Walking fast increases our immunity against contagious diseases.
- Fast walking reduces the risk of diabetes, thyroid and cancer if done regularly for at least half an hour a day.
- Walking helps to reduce nervous disorders, forgetfulness and memory loss due to dementia.
- Walking fast tones down the entire body.
- Walking in sunlight gives vitamin D and helps to prevent bone disorders.
- Walking makes us happy by reducing stress and depression
- Walking increases optimism, analytical power and self confidence.