Go to a super market, you will find lots of products for body building promising result in a short period of time. Browse through the net, you will find a lot of body building supplements describing its effect on muscle growth and development. From so many body building products being sold one thing is very clear that most of these supplements are not working well and people are trying different body building products to see which suits them the best. With this habit of jumping from one product to another, you may or may not gain a gym body but surely end losing your wealth and even more precious health. This is because many body building supplements sold in the market have harmful effect on the body and let’s see in detail how unprescribed and uncontrolled intake of either weight gaining or muscle building supplements are harmful to the human body.
Harmful Effects Of Body Building Supplements On Human Body
- Adversely affects the metabolic activities in the body leading to indigestion, constipation, cramping, nausea and vomiting.
- May cause hormonal imbalance in the body resulting in diabetes, thyroid and problems connected with adrenal and pituitary gland.
- Improper intake of body building supplements may result in reduction of bone densitycausing brittle bones, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
- Affects blood flow and oxygen carrying capacity of the blood, results in cardiovascular disorders, faster heart beat and even heart attack.
- Increases buildup of excessive fat, toxicity and results inwater retention in the body causing kidney and liver dysfunction.
- In few cases it has also resulted in neurological disorders, temper tantrums and mood swings.
- Breathing problems like shortness of breath, low or high blood pressureaccompanied by sweating or feeling cold for no reason.
Keeping these points in mind, let’s now get back to body building and muscle building supplements.Compounds containingnitric oxide are most commonly used as body building products as these when assimilated by human body releases the gas nitric oxide which relaxes muscles in the blood vessels resulting in more flood flow carrying more oxygen supply to different parts of the body. This in turn increases the energy output aiding in exercise and strenuous physical activity which helps to put on more muscles.
So the muscle building supplement you are taking contains nitric oxide in the form ofamino acids the basic building blocks of protein. The type of amino acid used depends on the brand of nitric oxide supplement but most commonly used amino acid is arginine and during digestion the enzyme called nitric oxide syntheses breaks down arginine releasing nitric oxide. This gas is the main signaling molecule in the vascular system of our body which relaxes and dilates the smooth muscles resulting in faster blood flow to all parts of the body. Amino acid arginine is also available naturally in the form of food we eatand choose food items rich in arginineto get nitric oxide into our body and this will be no side effects unlike many nitric oxide products sold in the market.